Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Attending WisCon

Just got back from attending WisCon. This was my second year attending the con, and I'm planning to return next year. If you're also going to be there, look me up!

For next year, I'm thinking about putting together a panel to discuss open source software projects, and equality. It's unfortunate in industry (even in higher ed, where I work) that the I.T. field is mostly men. That is slowly changing over time, and it's better now than 5 years ago. Compare this to working in the open source software world - where your technical proficiency stands by itself.

I think a panel could generate very interesting and insightful discussion. If you're planning to attend WisCon 2010, and would be interested in participating in this panel, email me soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment