Saturday, January 31, 2009

FreeDOS Wiki update

Okay, it looks like the FreeDOS Wiki isn't tweaked right, at least for allowing users to edit. A few of you have emailed me to let me know you cannot edit the Wiki, even though you have a SF login. Ideally, any user with a SF login should be able to edit the Wiki.

I've gone through the Wiki settings, and I can't see what's wrong. So I've opened a support request, and hope to have this resolved in a few days.

Update: While I thought permissions were wide open, SF confirms that you need a wiki account to edit the Wiki. This is to prevent spamming. They have raised this as an enhancement request. In the meantime, if you want to edit the FreeDOS Wiki, please create a wiki account for yourself, then request an admin to allow you to edit.

No comments:

Post a Comment